An ancient French proverb says: “There are two great pleasures in gambling; that of winning and that of losing.” How can you be happy when you lose, though? Well, maybe we exaggerate with the word “happy” but you can feel at least relieved. Why? Because of the existence of cashback bonuses on online casinos. You might have heard it more as a poker or blackjack bonus, yet casinos make fair use of it as well.
These types of bonuses are like an insurance bet that secures every time you aren’t going to walk out of your gaming session with zero. It’s cruel to watch your whole balance diminishing to nothing. Operators know the psychology of a player that loses money, so they grant cash back bonuses as a way to cheer them up and keep them engaged. You should find some of the best online casinos with cashback offers in the industry in the following list.
Online Casinos With Cashback Offers
|9.6/10||100% up to €500 + 20 free spins||Party Casino |
Bonus Code: WELCOMEBONUS
|9.2/10||200% up to €5,000 + 50 free spins||Casimba Casino||Sign Up|
|9.2/10||Up to €1,000 + 200 free spins||Leo Vegas Casino||Sign Up|
100% up to €200
+ 200 free spins |
|Mr Green Casino||Sign Up|
100% up to €300
+ 10 free spins |
|Royal Panda Casino||Sign Up|
|9/10||up to €400 Bonus||Energy Casino||Sign Up|
|9/10||100% up to €350||Slotwolf Casino||Sign Up|
|8.9/10||€1,300 + 200 free spins||21 Prive Casino||Sign Up|
50 free spins
+ 30 exclusive spins |
|Playojo Casino||Sign Up|
|8.9/10||100% up to €300||Hyper Casino||Sign Up|
What is Casino Cashback?
So, what exactly is a casino cashback bonus? A refund of a small percentage, usually between 5% and 25%, of your net losses over a certain period of time (but there are also lifetime deals). In other words, every time you have a terrible gaming session daily, weekly or monthly (depending on the promotion offered by the casino), casino cashback on losses will be returned to your account for further use or withdrawal. The amount might be instantly withdrawable, or you might need to wager it once.
As we mentioned, cashback bonuses usually extend over a certain period of time (daily, weekly or monthly). The most common promotion is the monthly cashback bonus granted by the end of each month. This promo comes in two forms: real money cashback rewards like the one on Hyper Casino and Cashback on bonus funds, that you can find on Karamba.
Let’s break down the two offers: On Hyper Casino, after each deposit you make, a countdown period of 24 hours begins. When the period is expired, you will be able to visit your profile and activate a 10% Cashback bonus. A counter starts to measure 10% of your total bets on a side balance. This side balance becomes available when your account has less than €10, and you can withdraw it without any wagering.
On the other hand, on Karamba, you will receive an online casino cash back as a bonus fund on the third Monday of the month based on the previous month’s net loss. This means that like any other bonus, it is subjected to wagering requirements that you will have to meet
Obviously, the best cashback bonus is the one that doesn’t carry over your net profit/loss performance to the next month, meaning that the cashback counter resets every 1st of the month. This means that you won’t have to worry about your overall net, as you will be granted cashback rewards on a losing month no matter what. You will receive cashback amounts according to your monthly performance. Let’s examine the following cases to make our argument more comprehensive:
- You have managed to finish the month with a significant net profit. Most probably, you won’t receive any cashback for your losses.
- You have finished the month with €1,000 net loss on a casino that allocates a 10% Cashback bonus. Automatically, your losses are reduced to €900, as you will get back €100. Not bad at all, if you ask us.
- Sometimes the casinos set a cap on the amount they can return to you. For example, you have lost €500 at a casino that advertises a 10% Cashback promotion with €50 maximum limit. So, you are going to receive €50. You would receive the same amount even if your net losses were estimated at €600, €700, or even €1000 since there is a limit.
VIP Casino Cashback offers
It’s prevalent for casinos to integrate cashback offers as rewards of their VIP programs. High Rollers wager a pile of money every month, so it is relieving for them to know that at least a small portion of their funds would return to their account. The operators believe that VIP cashback bonuses are worth it because they motivate players to return to the casino regardless of the outcome.
What do casino cashback rates online casinos offer?
Cash back casino offers usually range between 5-25%, with 10% being the most common bonus that you will meet. It’s not impossible to find 20-25% cashbacks, but usually, they come with low returns and terms that make sure you won’t abuse the bonus(e.g., large wagering requirements on the cash back amount). For example, some casinos will authorize access to the cashback funds only after your balance is lower than a specific limit they have set. There is no way a casino will offer more than 25%. It would be like handing you over the necessary funds to make up for your losses.
Other cash back casino promotions
We talked about monthly and VIP cashback bonuses, now let’s take a look at other cash back casino promotions.
- Cash back on a specific day: A casino might have selected a particular day of the week when cashback is activated. For instance, Betchain has a promotion called “Cashback Tuesdays, ” allocating a 10% return of money. The offer comes with specific maximum limits on the maximum bets (€5) and maximum bonus win amounts (€50) allowed, as well as a minimum limit on the money you must have wagered and lost the previous day to become eligible for the offer.
- Cashback on a specific game: This is a special offer often used to promote a new game. The casino with cashback allows players to have returns of their bets on a specific slot or table game for a short period of time. The bonus usually comes with a maximum betting size limit and a bonus’s winnings cap.
Any “traps” you should avoid while claiming a cashback bonus?
Sure cash back bonuses are unique, and we strongly recommend you take advantage of them whenever you have the chance. However, to avoid any misunderstandings, you should always pay attention to the terms they are attached to them.
- First and foremost, you should check the exact amount and percentage of the cashback bonus of the online casino, and in which games you can redeem it. For example, a cash back promotion that declares a “10% up to € 50-weekend bonus on Starburst”, means that you should lose 500 to get the maximum bonus of 50, and play only on Starburst. Bets in any other game won’t contribute a single penny to cashback.
- How to claim the bonus: Cash back bonuses aren’t accessible in the same way to all casinos. Some operators offer cashbacks only to players who are members of the Loyalty/VIP program. Depending on the level you are at, you could claim a better deal. In other online casinos with cash back bonuses they demand a certain amount of wagering/losses before they land such a bonus.
- Active bonuses: If you have activated another bonus, then in most cases the casinos won’t allow you to make use of a cash back as well. Some operators will cancel the monthly offer if you claim another type of bonus during the same month.
- Games contribution to the bonus: Exactly like it happens with welcome bonuses, not all games contribute the same way to the wagering. For example, on Party casino slots and instant win games contribute more than blackjack or any other table game.
- Wagering requirements: A cash back promotion tied to wagering requirements is the least favorable for the player bonuses. Usually, they’re low (1x-3x), but they present an obstacle for withdrawing your funds.
- Finally, awful cash back offers require you to lose all or almost all of your deposited money to gain access to the cashback funds. If you withdraw your money instead of losing them, then the bonus is revoked.
We have noticed casinos giving away free spins bonuses under the term “cashback”. The casinos imply that there will be winnings from the free spins added to your account. However, this isn’t guaranteed in any way. Don’t fall for this, it’s a misleading advertisement.
Cashback as a welcome bonus
The main bonus of a casino is of course, the welcome offer, which most often consists of a matching bonus or a free spins promotion, or a combination of the two. Let us also not forget the no deposit bonuses that come along. Even though it’s considered a rare occasion, a cashback casino bonus can be part of a welcome deal, too. This type of offer made its appearance only the last few years, and you can regularly encounter it on casinos that operate using the Nektan platform.
So, let’s check the main differences between welcome cashback offers and the rest of this type of promotion. The obvious one is that welcome cashback deals are available only to new players of a casino. They can be claimed once, unlike other cashback offers which can recur repeatedly. Another difference, is that you will receive cashback rewards only on the predetermined promotional period. These bonuses aren’t daily, weekly or monthly, and once the promotional period expires they can no longer be available. Besides, welcome cashback promotions are immediately cancelled in case you decide to withdraw your money before the end of the promotion, while for example on online casinos with monthly cash back bonus, withdrawals don’t affect the bonus funds availability. On the contrary with standard cash back bonuses that don’t always require a deposit, online casinos with cash back signup bonuses come with the demand of at least one deposit to activate the cashback.
How To Find Casinos With Cashback Offers?
If you found this article interesting enough and you are already on the lookout for a cash back bonus, then don’t worry because we have formed a full list for you and not only that. We are continually searching for upgraded deals among our partnering casinos. Cash back bonuses are great, but always remember to read their terms and conditions carefully, whether they are normal promotions, VIP ones or part of welcome offers. There are cashbacks that you can withdraw immediately and others that are like any other bonus and need wagering. However, both types are worth a shot as cashbacks can be the perfect way to minimize your losses.